The ACCE Student Paper Competition showcases the extraordinary talents of both undergraduate and graduate clinical engineering students through their development of a paper involving any area of clinical engineering practice. The award will be given to a maximum of 6 individuals currently enrolled in a CE or related college level program. One award in each division (undergraduate, graduate, doctorate) will go to a student in US/Canada and an international student. Entries must be single author papers. Submissions with multiple authors will not be accepted.
- The competition is open to current students, undergraduate, or graduate in a clinical/biomedical engineering or related graduate programs
- The 3 Divisions are: Undergraduate Division - Master Division - Doctorate Division
- Submissions must be single author, multi-author papers are not eligible.
Selection of winners: Winning papers of each category will be selected by the ACCE Advocacy Committee based on, among other factors:
- Relevance: Relevance to current and future concerns in patient management
- Fundamentals: Author's fundamental understanding of the subject
- Familiarity: Author's familiarity with other relevant work in the field
- Application: The application of author's topic in the profession of clinical engineering or related
- Analysis: Appropriateness of the methods of analysis
- Structure of delivery: The presentation/format of the oral/written work by the student
- Conclusion: The ability of the results and discussion to support the conclusion.
To enter the competition:
- Complete this entry form including your Division (Undergraduate, Graduate, or Doctorate)
- Deadline for the 2023 paper competition: January 31, 2023