Join ACCE at AAMI 2018, Long Beach
ACCE is a Contributing Organization for AAMI 2018. ACCE members are eligible to register for the conference at discounts off the non-member registration fees. Register by March 16 to get the early registration discount.
Attend these co-sponsored can't miss events at AAMI 2018
Managing and Securing Medical Devices in the Home and Non-Tra ditional Environments
Date: Sunday, June 03, 2018, 7:00AM-10:30AM
Location: Long Beach Convention Center, Room 104AB
Light Breakfast will be available prior to the session, so please plan to arrive 15 minutes early.
ACCE would like to thank our Breakfast Co-Sponsors:
Changing demographics and care delivery models, the desire to reduce costs and the evolution of new medical technologies have resulted in devices migrating from traditional hospital settings into patient homes and other non-traditional environments (e.g., offices, schools). These new environments are more difficult to secure and manage with respect to device security and data privacy. Both the security and privacy risks are likely to be even greater in the more loosely controlled environments and in the movement between disparate environments.
The symposium will:
- contrast the difference in risks and cyber threats between traditional and non-traditional care environments
- describe the level of security features that care providers and consumers should look for in selecting medical devices for these environments
- describe the challenges of introducing digital consumer devices into the data ecosystem
- describe the additional steps HTM and IT professionals should take to secure medical devices in these environments. For example: access restrictions, patient education, security and status monitoring, patching and updating, incident detection and response, security considerations for the home and public digital environments.
- Steve Abrahamson, BSME MBA CEM
Product Cyber Security
- Stephen Grimes, FACCE FAIMBE FHIMSS
Strategic Healthcare Technology Associates, LLC
- Inhel Rekik, MS
Director of Health Technology Security
- Priyanka Upendra, MSE CCMS SSLP CHTM
Certified Healthcare Technology Manager
- Axel Wirth, CPHIMSS CISSP HCISPP
Distinguished Technical Architect
Global leadership and support in the development, management and use of safe and effective healthcare technology
Date: Friday, June 01, 2018; 1:00-5:00 PM
Location: Hyatt Regency Long Beach, Regency Ballroom D
The rapidly growing field of medicine has created global shifts in how and where medical devices are conceived, developed, manufactured, and utilized across the globe. Our field has evolved from including addressing the use of individual devices, to include system integration, and now systems-of-systems. Evidence-based consensus standards, proper education and training, communication about best practices and solutions, and a strong professional community are fundamental requirements in supporting and facilitating this global health system to improve care delivery in our communities, regions, and globally.
AAMI, ACCE, and IFMBE/CED have partnered to advance the safe and effective use of health technologies and systems. In this session, we will:
- Share a vision for our partnership and solicit your engagement
- Share and discuss trends and challenges in each region of the world, led by experts from these regions
- Discuss and decide on what the most important topics/data for global study, and then consider ideas and solicit support for collecting this information
We look forward to your engagement and participation.
28th Members Meeting/Awards Reception
Saturday, June 02, 2018, 7:30PM-10PM
Hyatt Regency Long Beach, California
Network with your peers and congratulate the 2018 Advocacy Awards recipients and the 2018 Clinical Engineering Hall of Fame inductees
ACCE thanks our Sponsors:
2018 CCE Oral Exam
May 31- June 1, 2018
Hyatt Regency Long Beach
200 South Pine Avenue; Long Beach, California
Rooms: Harbor A, Harbor B, Harbor C, Shoreline A, Shoreline B
Please confirm your exam schedule at firstname.lastname@example.org
2018 Clinical Engineering & CCE Review Course
Date: May 31-June 1 2018 (pre-AAMI 2018)
Time: 8:00AM - 5:00PM
Location: Hyatt Regency Long Beach, CA, Room# SEAVIEW A
Faculty: Matt Baretich, Tobey Clark, Ted Cohen, Frank Painter
Complete/email this registration form
The Clinical Engineering & CCE Review Class will provide an overview of the 2018 CCE examination topics, which is based on the Clinical Engineering Body of Knowledge (BOK) survey. This course is designed and presented by a group of four ACCE Faculty who are experienced certified clinical engineers, who are not associated with the Commission of the exam process.
Stop by the ACCE Booth on the Exhibit Floor, Booth #138
- Learn about new webinar series
- Learn about the CCE exam
- Learn about the membership programs
- Learn about ACCE activities
- Connect with old and new friends
- Check/update your membership status
Plan your travel:
To receive the special conference rate, book your hotel no later than May 8. Click here
for an overview of the hotels.