For information in regards to Job Opportunity posting, please visit Advertisers
in the ACCE Mall section.
CLINICAL ENGINEERING POSITION OPENING
Our award winning HTM program has an immediate opening for an exceptional individual to join our team of certified clinical engineers. The basic functions are:
Provide clinical engineering consultation services to hospitals in the areas of HT assessment, acquisition, safety, incident investigation, compliance and maintenance planning
Responsibility for organizational efforts related to medical device integration and cybersecurity services
A B.S. in biomedical or related engineering field and two years experience is required.
National Director of Biomed, Asset Life Cycle Management (ALCM)
The Parent Company
Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with more than 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International (USPI), the company operates 69 general acute care hospitals, 21 short-stay surgical hospitals and 460 outpatient centers in the United States, as well as nine facilities in the United Kingdom. Tenet’s Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.
Additionally, in an effort to provide a healthier, safer and more satisfying work environment for our employees, individuals to whom job offers are extended may undergo nicotine testing as part of the pre-employment process.
Home Office – Dallas, Texas.
The National Director of Biomed, ALCM reports directly to the National Director of ALCM (Asset Life Cycle Management).
Specific National Director Responsibilities
The National Director of Biomed has a key role on the Asset Life Cycle Management (ALCM) Team, which is located at the home office in Dallas, Texas. As a member of the ALCM Team, the National Director of Biomed oversees the National Biomed function for acute hospitals owned or operated by Tenet, as well as other services to be defined. The National Director of Biomed provides leadership and management skills to develop and assess hospital needs for covered services including service levels. He/she manages the third party outsourced vendors to ensure contract compliance on behalf of the hospitals and home office leadership. Additionally, the Director of Biomed works with the facility Biomed teams to drive national standards for training protocols, PM’s, policies, labor sourcing, EOL tracking, TMS utilization and part sourcing along with opportunity identification, RFP development, RFP execution, contracting and contract implementation for all service areas targeted each year, including the conversion of contracts to Tenet’s GPO partner HPG.
The National Director of Biomed responds to requests from senior management and hospital operators for assistance with specific operational concerns for in-house and outsourced hospitals for all covered services. The National Director of Biomed also maintains a company-wide database of key performance indicators (KPI) for tracking, trend analysis and opportunities for improvement for the covered services. Further, the National Director of Biomed works with the ALCM, Strategic Sourcing teams and local facility Biomed teams to accomplish strategies.
Further, the National Director of Biomed has the following responsibilities:
- Standardizes PM's, Service Contracts and Policies
- Analyzes spend to find savings opportunities
- Develops national in-house training standards and programs
- Develops EOL process for tracking, analyzing and budgeting replacement
- Develops national training, input and equipment review protocols for TMS to ensure accurate and similar input practices
- Assists in establishing a process for determining disposal vs. retaining equipment for possible part sourcing to other facilities
- Runs all Biomed related RFP’s relative to Biomed service, outsourced vs. insourced
- Implements contracts/elimination of contracts for hospitals and aids in any transition
- Creates "Best Practice" to drive value and shares knowledge throughout the system
In addition to Biomed service implementation, the National Director of Biomed is responsible for developing a communication plan for operations (Hospitals, Groups and Home Office) for reporting, identification of additional opportunities and focus on continued improvement in both quality and cost of services. Further, this position acts as an agent of the hospitals to address any third party vendor contracting needs including, but not limited to, amendments for new services, changes in service levels and misunderstandings from the original contracts.
This position has latitude for exercise of independent initiative and judgment to research, create, plan and implement Biomed policies, strategic plans and programs as part of the overall ALCM Strategy.
The compensation package includes a nationally competitive base salary, an opportunity to earn incentive compensation, and an executive benefits program. Relocation assistance will be provided according to the individual needs of the selected candidate.
Approximately 25 to 50 percent.
A Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree from an accredited college with and MBA preferred.
Required Background Experience
- At least five-plus years of supervisory experience and 10-plus years of Biomed Department related healthcare experience is required
- Extensive Biomed experience with large facilities or market management and significant vendor management skills are required
- Must be service and detail oriented, possess strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, and possess the ability to work independently
- Knowledge of hospital operations and management is required.
Strong project management skills and follow-through from vision to execution, with measurable results to the bottom line is required
- Advanced PC skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook are essential
Click here to apply now!
- Someone who deals effectively with pressure and maintains focus and intensity, remaining optimistic and persistent, even under adversity or difficult changes
- Adaptable and open to learning and executing new and innovative approaches to problem resolution
- Capable of identifying and successfully managing core issues amongst a multitude of information
- An individual with high personal and professional integrity. A highly principled and ethical individual
- Highly articulate with the ability to communicate effectively and credibly in both oral and written context
- An energetic, results-oriented team player, good listener and consensus-builder that truly values the input of others and their contributions, and positively responds to such input
Veterans Health Administration
Healthcare Technology Management
Interested in supporting healthcare technology for our nation's Veterans?
There are over 1400 VA medical facilities across the nation utilizing some of the latest technologies:
- More than 300 MRI Scanners
- More than 300 CT Scanners and more than 50 PET/CT Scanners
- More than 50 medical centers performing robotic surgery